When to Negotiate- Wake Forest and William and Mary Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Lizzish

New

When to Negotiate- Wake Forest and William and Mary

Post by Lizzish » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:25 pm

I found out I was accepted to William and Mary with a pretty generous scholarship offer, and was also accepted to Wake Forest. Wake Forest's letter said that they could not offer me money at this time, but hoped to later (I guess when people decline their offer and free up that scholarship $$). I haven't visited either school yet but plan to. Should I go ahead and write to Wake Forest and tell them about the other offer and see if they will match or beat it? Should I wait until Wake Forest offers me money? Should I wait until I have visited the schools to show that I really am interested? I am leaning toward William and Mary, but Wake Forest would be nice because I have family an hour away.

USMCMatt

Bronze

Re: When to Negotiate- Wake Forest and William and Mary

Post by USMCMatt » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Lizzish wrote:I found out I was accepted to William and Mary with a pretty generous scholarship offer, and was also accepted to Wake Forest. Wake Forest's letter said that they could not offer me money at this time, but hoped to later (I guess when people decline their offer and free up that scholarship $$). I haven't visited either school yet but plan to. Should I go ahead and write to Wake Forest and tell them about the other offer and see if they will match or beat it? Should I wait until Wake Forest offers me money? Should I wait until I have visited the schools to show that I really am interested? I am leaning toward William and Mary, but Wake Forest would be nice because I have family an hour away.
I wouldn't wait too long to negotiate with WF depending on when deposits are due. William and Mary is a great school and a solid $$ offer should help with leverage.

Return to “Financial Aid”