Being on ex's bank account? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
NomNom

Bronze

Being on ex's bank account?

Post by NomNom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I am in the process of removing my name from my ex's checking and saving accounts. Never married. They have about 30k in there combined.

I filed my FAFSA already but will this affect my financial aid? I should be off both in the next few weeks.

Will I still be able to take out the max loans? I wasnt planning on any need based aid.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Being on ex's bank account?

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:09 pm

You can always take out loans up to the cost of attendance.

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 pm

NomNom wrote:I am in the process of removing my name from my ex's checking and saving accounts. Never married. They have about 30k in there combined.

I filed my FAFSA already but will this affect my financial aid? I should be off both in the next few weeks.

Will I still be able to take out the max loans? I wasnt planning on any need based aid.
Contact the school and or call the Fafsa hotline. I'm in the middle of a divorce and have much less money than my ex. Both resources have been helpful even though I needed a supervisor at the fafsa hotline. Lol

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks. I should have it resolved in the next few weeks.

I guess I wasn't awake yet when I asked about it affecting loans because those aren't need-based.

I will ask FAFSA about it, too. I wasn't planning on qualifying for any need-based aid unfortunately.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”