FAFSA Nonsense question - plz help. Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Killingly

Silver

FAFSA Nonsense question - plz help.

Post by Killingly » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

I've searched, read posts, looked on individual school's sites and still can't find a clear, definitive answer. How do I submit the FAFSA for schools with parental information if some schools don't require it? I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the correct way to go about it:
dudders wrote:Yes you can. You just have to bulk your FAFSA into two transactions. File with just your info for the schools who don't require it, and wait a couple of days for the confirmation. Then amend your FAFSA by adding the parent info, and send only to the schools who did want it. (Or vice versa.)

I did exactly this the year I applied.
Also, I already submitted a tentative FAFSA to ten schools (I'm still waiting on four W-2s) without any parental info. I assume I can just resubmit with the parental info, yes?

Again, sorry for the ignorance. Just very confused.

anjmissy

Bronze

Re: FAFSA Nonsense question - plz help.

Post by anjmissy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:01 am

Killingly wrote:I've searched, read posts, looked on individual school's sites and still can't find a clear, definitive answer. How do I submit the FAFSA for schools with parental information if some schools don't require it? I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the correct way to go about it:
dudders wrote:Yes you can. You just have to bulk your FAFSA into two transactions. File with just your info for the schools who don't require it, and wait a couple of days for the confirmation. Then amend your FAFSA by adding the parent info, and send only to the schools who did want it. (Or vice versa.)

I did exactly this the year I applied.
Also, I already submitted a tentative FAFSA to ten schools (I'm still waiting on four W-2s) without any parental info. I assume I can just resubmit with the parental info, yes?

Again, sorry for the ignorance. Just very confused.
try calling FAFSA and ask..they're actually really nice and really clear when it comes to explaining things

1‑800‑4‑FED‑AID (1‑800‑433‑3243)

Return to “Financial Aid”