Requesting higher amount or returning higher amount? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
lsatextreme

Silver

Requesting higher amount or returning higher amount?

Post by lsatextreme » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 am

So I'm looking at my financial aid package online and i'm still debating what amounts to accept. You guys know if it's a better idea to accept conservatively and request a higher amount during the school year if I realize I need more $ or just accept a comfortable amount and then return any overshot amounts later back to financial aid at the end of the semester? I was told by financial aid that I can do either option but then I forgot to ask if returning unused portions of my loans back at the end of the semester would be interest free or not. I know they enforce it so that you start borrowing from the best terms to the worst terms (sub staff, unsub staff, gradplus, etc), but when you return unused portions, won't they do it the same? Or does it just not matter at all since you didn't use it and returned it before the end of semester?

I'd call them and ask again but when i spoke to them, it was literally on my 10th try or so calling them so they must be swamped there and unable to take most calls.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Requesting higher amount or returning higher amount?

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 am

Tagged, i am extremely interested in both sides of this coin

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:08 am

I would never tag this thread.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:09 am

dpk711 wrote:I would never tag this thread.
Cool?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:11 am

I know that I'm gonna run into one or both sides of this, so I'm interested in hearing responses. Okkkkayyy?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”