MSU Theoretical Aid? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
nohazsecurity

New

MSU Theoretical Aid?

Post by nohazsecurity » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Anybody else get an aid decision from Michigan State that mentions the amount they would normally give somebody with your stats, but which then mentions they cannot tell if you that money is available until after the second round of deposits? And that the only means of ensuring it would be to defer for a year?

I'm wondering how common this is, and what my odds are of getting that money without having to defer. Obviously, without that money I'll go elsewhere. But it is 50% larger than my next best scholarship offer, so I'd like to be able to get that.

Anybody from past years or earlier in this cycle have such an experience?

Flanker1127

New

Re: MSU Theoretical Aid?

Post by Flanker1127 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:59 pm

I was not in the same boat but something similar. I got offered a grant with x amount which wasn't very much but they said they would reconsider me for y after the first round of seat deposits. They told me a lot of people have submitted their seat deposit and that they didn't think I would get y but it was still possible before the school year starts. Hope it helps.

Return to “Financial Aid”