Second Round of Scholarship Negotiation Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Schollyinfo11

New

Second Round of Scholarship Negotiation

Post by Schollyinfo11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:23 pm

So I just went from 0-X after saying I would withdraw all other apps. Before this I was told I had to wait until mid April when more money would be free.

Would it be acceptable for me to send an email saying I would appreciate more scholarship if it was available in mid April and/or for travel reimbursement for ASW.(spent ~1000)

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: Second Round of Scholarship Negotiation

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:21 am

Schollyinfo11 wrote:So I just went from 0-X after saying I would withdraw all other apps. Before this I was told I had to wait until mid April when more money would be free.

Would it be acceptable for me to send an email saying I would appreciate more scholarship if it was available in mid April and/or for travel reimbursement for ASW.(spent ~1000)
You could ask if they could please keep you in consideration for further scholarship money if any becomes available in mid-april. All in all though it doesn't seem like you have much leverage remaining. Have you withdrawn your other apps yet? If so, I guess the only concern for the school would be if you decided to sit out a year. Not sure how you can pull off asking to be considered for future available funds as well as requesting to be reimbursed for travel expenses without coming across negatively.

Schollyinfo11

New

Re: Second Round of Scholarship Negotiation

Post by Schollyinfo11 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:51 am

I was thinking more along the lines of need basis thus spending a grand to fly across the country was no bueno.

I know to stay far away from demanding it but I think it would be fair to ask to "keep me in consideration."

Return to “Financial Aid”