How do you live in the summer? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
rolandgill

New

Re: How do you live in the summer?

Post by rolandgill » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 am

I'm planning to move to Europe for a few months over the summer just to get out of Ireland for a while. Although the big cities like Berlin, Paris and Rome are tempting, I'd much rather chose somewhere with a much lower cost of living so I can spend my money on travelling around and sight-seeing.

I have no preference for any countries, and language isn't a problem for me as I'm a language nerd. :P

Which cities would you all recommend for low cost of living, superb night-life, proximity to scenery, beaches, decent infrastructure etc etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! =]

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 am

rolandgill wrote:I'm planning to move to Europe for a few months over the summer just to get out of Ireland for a while. Although the big cities like Berlin, Paris and Rome are tempting, I'd much rather chose somewhere with a much lower cost of living so I can spend my money on travelling around and sight-seeing.

I have no preference for any countries, and language isn't a problem for me as I'm a language nerd. :P

Which cities would you all recommend for low cost of living, superb night-life, proximity to scenery, beaches, decent infrastructure etc etc?

Narnia?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am

-
Last edited by Veyron on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michaela

Bronze

Post by Michaela » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

rolandgill wrote:I'm planning to move to Europe for a few months over the summer just to get out of Ireland for a while. Although the big cities like Berlin, Paris and Rome are tempting, I'd much rather chose somewhere with a much lower cost of living so I can spend my money on travelling around and sight-seeing.

Go to Prague since they're not on the euro and it is sooooo cheap and really fun PLUS you can take a 4 hour bus ride to Vienna from there for a whopping 12 euros each way and you're close to other Eastern European destinations (the Croatian coast is just as-if not more-beautiful than coastal Italy and soooo much cheaper).

I am confused though...are you planning on doing this before law school?

TaxLaw2010

New

Post by TaxLaw2010 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

I wound up enrolling in a class for the summer at my law school. The class is only a couple of weeks, and I get more than enough financial aid refund money to live off of over the summer until school starts back up in the fall. Hope this helps.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 am

Sellin' them hoes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”