UT Financial Aid Matching program- WUSTL$$ or Mich$? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

Is Wash U $$ worth asking for a UT Schol?

Wash U ($$)
25%
U Mich ($)
75%
Not worth asking
No votes

Total votes: 4

awahoya

Bronze

UT Financial Aid Matching program- WUSTL$$ or Mich$?

Post by awahoya » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Have been offered admission by UT but have yet to receive a scholarship offer. I do have a $80k+ offer from Wash U (STL), and a $45k one from Michigan- I like all three schools a lot but I'm from ATX (read: I qualify for in-state) and would at least like to have the option of receiving something from UT. A good friend suggested that I use the offer from Wash U to ask UT for a scholarship- would that be better than attempting to use $45k from Michigan?

duckmoney

Silver

Re: UT Financial Aid Matching program- WUSTL$$ or Mich$?

Post by duckmoney » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Use both. Although I don't think they would match Michigan's offer given that in state tuition already saves you more than $45k. And they may not consider WUSTL a peer school for their matching program.

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:57 pm

duckmoney wrote:Use both. Although I don't think they would match Michigan's offer given that in state tuition already saves you more than $45k. And they may not consider WUSTL a peer school for their matching program.
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, I can only use one competing offer, according to their website:
http://www.utexas.edu/law/finaid/schola ... match.html

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 pm

awahoya wrote:
duckmoney wrote:Use both. Although I don't think they would match Michigan's offer given that in state tuition already saves you more than $45k. And they may not consider WUSTL a peer school for their matching program.
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, I can only use one competing offer, according to their website:
University of Texas wrote:The scholarship committee will consider one matching scholarship request per admitted student. However, an admitted student may submit multiple offers at one time. Once the committee has made a decision admitted students will be notified in writing.

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 pm

duckmoney wrote:
awahoya wrote:
University of Texas wrote:The scholarship committee will consider one matching scholarship request per admitted student. However, an admitted student may submit multiple offers at one time. Once the committee has made a decision admitted students will be notified in writing.
Haha fair. Have obviously spent too much time staring at NeedAccess and FAFSA, and am a bit fried. Appreciate it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

houstongirl

New

Post by houstongirl » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm in the process of negotiating with UT. I have a offers from WUSTL, UH, and Baylor. Are UH and Baylor offers worth mentioning in the letter?

TheThreader

New

Post by TheThreader » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 pm

so is it worth sending them all in, or just your best?

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm

TheThreader wrote:so is it worth sending them all in, or just your best?
You should of done this before they were a T14. But yes, send them all in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”