No response to scholarship negotiation email Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
fragged

Bronze

No response to scholarship negotiation email

Post by fragged » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 am

I have sent a few emails out negotiating merit aid and have received responses from every school within a few days. However, one school has not responded at all and it's been about 2 weeks. Is this normal? Or should I assume by now that if they haven't sent a reply, perhaps my email never got to the right person?

Sandro

Gold

Re: No response to scholarship negotiation email

Post by Sandro » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:16 am

fragged wrote:I have sent a few emails out negotiating merit aid and have received responses from every school within a few days. However, one school has not responded at all and it's been about 2 weeks. Is this normal? Or should I assume by now that if they haven't sent a reply, perhaps my email never got to the right person?
DId you send to just the general admissions email ? If so do some leg work and find out who is in charge in any capacity for scholarships.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:16 am

fragged wrote:I have sent a few emails out negotiating merit aid and have received responses from every school within a few days. However, one school has not responded at all and it's been about 2 weeks. Is this normal? Or should I assume by now that if they haven't sent a reply, perhaps my email never got to the right person?
DId you send to just the general admissions email ? If so do some leg work and find out who is in charge in any capacity for scholarships.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:16 am

Give them another 5 days and then try again to a different email. It's not like they'll rescind your admission. Nothing to lose.

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:44 am

Sandro wrote:
I sent the email to the person whose name was on the original award letter - same as all the other schools. I guess I'll give them a call in a few days and see if they received it. Thanks for the info.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

esch8

New

Post by esch8 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 pm

have you had success upping your awards?

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Walk into the office, sit down, and refuse to leave unless they give you more money.

In all seriousness OP, this is probably the busiest time of the year for admissions offices, not only are they still trying to wade through applications, they're also trying to convince all the accepted applicants to attend. I highly doubt they're ignoring you or anything, it probably just got lost in the shuffle. I'd suggest calling the office and asking who you're supposed to direct financial aid questions to.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”