Initial offer and getting more money... Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
nelaw2010

Bronze

Initial offer and getting more money...

Post by nelaw2010 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:04 am

Has anyone heard of a school offering more money later in the cycle?

Let's say a school initially offers you 60k, but then higher ranked (LSAT and GPA wise) students who were offered more money withdraw. Will schools then offer that money to lower ranked students? Will that only happen if you attempt to negotiate?

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks.

HBK

Bronze

Re: Initial offer and getting more money...

Post by HBK » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:07 am

nelaw2010 wrote:Has anyone heard of a school offering more money later in the cycle?

Let's say a school initially offers you 60k, but then higher ranked (LSAT and GPA wise) students who were offered more money withdraw. Will schools then offer that money to lower ranked students? Will that only happen if you attempt to negotiate?

Thanks.
I had this happen, but it was after I attempted to negotiate at WUSTL.

nelaw2010

Bronze

Re: Initial offer and getting more money...

Post by nelaw2010 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:17 am

HBK wrote:
nelaw2010 wrote:Has anyone heard of a school offering more money later in the cycle?

Thanks.
I had this happen, but it was after I attempted to negotiate at WUSTL.
Did you attempt to negotiate after the initial seat deposit, or after? Did they offer more money after the seat deposit deadline? I'm curious if that impacts the money situation since it's after people have either committed or withdrawn.

Return to “Financial Aid”