Confused about my situation Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
smscat

New

Confused about my situation

Post by smscat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:07 pm

I know this has been at least partially answered before but I want to triple check.

I do not believe I will receive any need-based aid - if I am on my parent's health insurance, that means it definitely goes by their assets and income, right?

I do want to be considered for merit aid.

I am so confused trying to read through all the schools I have applied to and their different form requirements etc.

Some want Fafsa, some want CSSprofile, some want needacccess

I've started filling some out, but i know I won't get financial aid based on need - is it good to do or required for merit aid? I am trying to read the schools' websites but I am just all confused and getting conflicting info.

Should I just fill out all these forms for the heck of it, or just do nothing and see if I am offered merit-based aid?

bk1

Diamond

Re: Confused about my situation

Post by bk1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Those have no bearing on merit aid.

However, you do need to fill them out to get the government loans that most people use to cover the rest of law school tuition (after you subtract merit aid).

smscat

New

Post by smscat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

bk187 wrote:Those have no bearing on merit aid.

However, you do need to fill them out to get the government loans that most people use to cover the rest of law school tuition (after you subtract merit aid).
Thank you very much....I need to fill out all 3 of the forms I mentioned?

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm

smscat wrote:
bk187 wrote:Those have no bearing on merit aid.

Thank you very much....I need to fill out all 3 of the forms I mentioned?
Uhhh, the FAFSA definitely. I think a lot of schools ask that you fill out NeedAccess as well. I haven't heard of CSSprofile.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”