Crazy Question: Is it possible to get a merit/need stipend? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ArghItsBlarg

Bronze

Crazy Question: Is it possible to get a merit/need stipend?

Post by ArghItsBlarg » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Chicago-Kent offers an honors scholarship program which is a full ride +$10k/year stipend, however the stipend isn't available for part time students (i.e. me). Books and a new laptop are expensive. Does anyone know of a successful appeal to any school, either via merit or need, for a stipend to cover books/fees? Obviously $10k would be lovely, but even something like $500-$1,000 would be incredibly useful.

I'm looking at T2 schools specifically, but any experiences would be nice to hear about.

im_blue

Gold

Re: Crazy Question: Is it possible to get a merit/need stipend?

Post by im_blue » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:50 pm

It sounds like PT students aren't eligible for aid, which is the tradeoff for lowered admissions standards.

ArghItsBlarg

Bronze

Re: Crazy Question: Is it possible to get a merit/need stipend?

Post by ArghItsBlarg » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:06 pm

PT students are still eligible for the scholarship aspect, just not the additional stipend. It's my (admittedly faint) hope that, given that my stats exceed their regular admissions standards, I might be able to finagle some sort of stipend out of them regardless.

Return to “Financial Aid”