Deferment of Undergraduate Loans Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
bmford627

New

Deferment of Undergraduate Loans

Post by bmford627 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

I have some hefty debt from my undergraduate and graduated in December. The grace period will therefore end in June-July period... before law school starts in the fall. Does anybody know deferment options for those returning to school?

thalassocrat

Bronze

Re: Deferment of Undergraduate Loans

Post by thalassocrat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 pm

bmford627 wrote:I have some hefty debt from my undergraduate and graduated in December. The grace period will therefore end in June-July period... before law school starts in the fall. Does anybody know deferment options for those returning to school?
Your lender would know, and you'll have to work with them to get it deferred (or so I would assume). You should be able to get a deferment, per this site.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

You'll probably have to make a couple of monthly payments, but then you can defer again once law school starts. May/June college graduates won't have to worry about this.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 pm

im_blue wrote:You'll probably have to make a couple of monthly payments, but then you can defer again once law school starts. May/June college graduates won't have to worry about this.

Unless you don't have a job. If you are unemployed, you may be able to get a hardship deferral.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”