How are you funding law school? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rayiner

Platinum

Re: How are you funding law school?

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Hooking.

PerfectionarySugar

New

Post by PerfectionarySugar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:I am paying for Law School through online poker winnings. Seriously.
ditto, but i'm doing roulette...gonna start saving up soon as i turn 21

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Post by ATOIsp07 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 pm

all loans if i don't receive any grants/merit awards.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:53 pm

goosey wrote:This is a major concern for me..Im not going to get merit money because of my crappy gpa.

I feel very strongly against paying interest (its against my religion) and my parents cant afford to pay for law school in cash. I am looking at various scholarships that i think I would have a shot at because I'm a minority and also because they would not look at my grades from 6 years ago, but only at my gpa from the school I transferred to now, which is good.

I have also heard various stories of muslim med students who wanted to avoid interest and went to local mosques and asked members to fund their education. This one kid collected donations from everyone, even if it was only $50 and paid for his entire medical education without taking out a single loan. Others took funding from the local muslim community/mosques in the form of non-interest bearing loans.

I'm looking into a bunch of different options. I really want to avoid interest :?
Absolute genius ^^^^^^

We should start a TLS church and make mad money and pay for LS for our members... wait, actually once we make mad money we wont need to go to LS at all.

tigerlilly17

New

Post by tigerlilly17 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Sucks, but I will probably be forced into a school with a part-time program so I can work and pay for housing, childcare, food, etc. Crossing my fingers for a scholly!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”