Can someone help explain this cycle? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mt2165

Silver

Can someone help explain this cycle?

Post by mt2165 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:29 pm

Feels wild posting here after so long. I am wondering what could be going on with my sister's cycle (AA). She has, just in case she's on here, a 3.2-3.4 GPA, a 163-165 LSAT, and a relatively strong background (think Peace Corp/TFA) and has received zero T14 or even T20 admits. When I was applying some 8 years ago or whatever, that would have been borderline a lock for at least *1* lower T14 admission and very good money from T20s. Is that how rough it is out here or could there be something else going on? I know apps are up but yeesh. TYIA.

talons2250

Bronze

Re: Can someone help explain this cycle?

Post by talons2250 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Neither that GPA nor LSAT are comfortably in the 25th-75th percentile for any school in the T20 for the latest entering class: https://7sage.com/top-law-school-admissions/. So those results are actually somewhat expected :(

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”