Rate my soft/hard factors Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bread starches

New

Rate my soft/hard factors

Post by bread starches » Sun May 16, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi all,

Looking for some more clarification on which tier my softs belong to:

academics:
-2020 graduate from a top 30 undergrad university, 3.3 GPA, double major
-LSAT score undetermined (will take June flex or August test)
-undergrad activities include: 2 academic internship scholarships via my university, director role in undergraduate government, 1 year of service learning course + service trip, 1 award for a writing piece with an organization not affiliated with my university

personal/professional:
-mixed race/multiethnic background
-by this fall when I apply, I will have one year of full work experience as a paralegal and freelancing
-other cocirriculars include (while working full-time): managing director of a non-profit, start-up tech experience

Anonymous User

Re: Rate my soft/hard factors

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Your LSAT and GPA will be far and away the most determinative factors.
You should likely get a bump for diversity (assuming "mixed race" = partially URM), but nothing else you listed would likely move the needle.
Your GPA is not good... but it is what it is, so just focus on crushing the LSAT.
You can start assessing your chances at individual schools only after you have an LSAT score in hand.

Rule23andMe

New

Re: Rate my soft/hard factors

Post by Rule23andMe » Mon May 17, 2021 3:47 pm

^accidental anon

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”