Diversity statement/personal statement Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ellieb3

New

Diversity statement/personal statement

Post by ellieb3 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Hi-
I actually posted on the law school admissions reddit thread about this a while ago. I am applying to law school next fall, but I am seriously struggling with how to phrase my application. Transparency seems to be valued in applications, so I am searching for the right way to do so. I am a stripper/cam model and I am thinking of writing my personal statement or diversity statement about it. I know this is a stigmatized job which is why I worry. I went to art school, but have been out 2+ years. I also work as an immigration paralegal and do a lot of mutual aid work in my community. I am wondering if anyone thinks it's a bad idea to write about how stripping inspired me to be a lawyer, and how mistreated women are in that industry. I have no idea my chances of getting in but I would love to go to a T14 school, as many of them have great social justice programs. My GPA is 3.59 and my LSAT is 172. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated
Thank you!

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”