Non-AA URM LSAT Top 14 Schools? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
futurewomaninlaw

New

Non-AA URM LSAT Top 14 Schools?

Post by futurewomaninlaw » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been able to find much admissions data for non-AA URM applicants, and I would love some help in setting a target LSAT score for T14 schools. I am a Mexican-American woman. My GPA is on the lower side for these schools at 3.5 (rounded up) from a top 10 school (non-Ivy) and I have some decent softs like being a polyglot, having triple citizenship, nonprofit work experience, leadership positions, and experience teaching English and Spanish to foreigners all over the world and teaching low-income children in my home city. I'm leaning toward public interest law so I'm hoping my softs will help me out there, but I am going into law school with an open mind and would like to explore all areas.

Since my GPA is not as strong as I wish it was, what LSAT score should I be aiming for to have a good chance at T14 schools? T5 (if possible)?

I would appreciate any advice or feedback from you guys. I will most likely be applying next cycle to start in Fall 2022 after two gap years. Thank you in advance!!

trafalgar

New

Re: Non-AA URM LSAT Top 14 Schools?

Post by trafalgar » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm

You should aim to score as high as possible, but a 165+ should get your apps a good look across the bottom half of the T-14. If you can manage a 170+, you can probably snag some T6 acceptances and YHS becomes a real possibility.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”