T14 Chances? 3.9/168 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
amelia0731

New

T14 Chances? 3.9/168

Post by amelia0731 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:16 pm

I'm an AA Female with a 3.91 GPA and 168 on my most recent LSAT (planning to retake)
I've been working throughout college, although in retail ( I am part of management if that helps)
I spent a semester in DC, where I worked in the House, and I currently have a remote internship working for a congressional campaign.
Harvard is my dream school but I'm open to pretty much any of the other schools in the T14 what are my chances?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: T14 Chances? 3.9/168

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sun May 17, 2020 11:09 pm

You've got very good chances as-is and might also get big scholarships at those schools whose LSAT median is 168 or lower (Cornell, Berkeley, Georgetown).

HYS are going to be tougher without a higher LSAT. If you can get to 173, then every school except maybe Yale is a cakewalk and you're in play for CCN full-rides or Knight-Hennessy at Stanford. Every point between 168 and 173 makes a big difference because you'll meet or surpass another batch of medians.

cheaptilts

Silver

Post by cheaptilts » Sun May 17, 2020 11:34 pm

If AA stands for African American (and not Asian American), then you’re in Harvard and down. You may be WL’d or rejected at some random mid-to-lower T14s, but I’d say you have a 75% chance or better at every non-YS T14, H included. And looking at big $ from many of them.

The above poster’s advice is inaccurate (assuming AA= African American). You’re in play for big schollies throughout the t14. No need to retake if you don’t want.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Mon May 18, 2020 5:15 pm

It's a small sample size, but myLSN suggests you have decent odds even at Y/S. https://mylsn.info/hn6fvv/. If you click on the ">>>>" under "more info" next to the schools, you'll see that your current profile more closely matches those admitted than denied.

Retaking to get above Y's 25% (171) might be a good idea to lock in Y/S or a full ride somewhere in the T10.

I agree with cheaptilts that you're going to get yield-protected at some schools in the T10. If you have a strong interest in a named scholarship from, say Michigan or UVA, it's probably worth including a "Why X" with your application.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”