3.5 GPA Econ Major | No LSAT yet -- What are my chances? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
xcespy

New

3.5 GPA Econ Major | No LSAT yet -- What are my chances?

Post by xcespy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:43 pm

What are my chances at T14?
What LSAT score do I need for a decent shot at acceptance and scholarships?

3.5 GPA at Georgetown for undergrad. I majored in Econ, and have 1 C+ on my transcript.
I have not yet taken the LSAT.
URM: I am a female, Black, and Hispanic (not Mexican/Puerto Rican) student. Not sure if this matters, but I am also first-gen.

Appreciate any feedback!

dvlthndr

Bronze

Re: 3.5 GPA Econ Major | No LSAT yet -- What are my chances?

Post by dvlthndr » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 am

You will get a boost because of your URM status. First gen won't count for much, but it might be worth dropping into a sentence of a diversity essay or something. URM admissions are a little unpredictable. But looking at historical info on mylsn, you want to be in the 165-170 range to have a decent chance of being accepted at random T14 schools. If you can hit 170+ you will probably have a number of generous scholarship options in the T14.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”