3.4 160 URM AA Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Faustian89

New

3.4 160 URM AA

Post by Faustian89 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:39 pm

No name uni, meh softs. T6 is probably out. LSN has a small sample size for similar numbers. Where should I be applying mid-January?

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: 3.4 160 URM AA

Post by decimalsanddollars » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Here's a myLSN output, tweaked to widen GPA parameters and include 159 also (AA only, all years): https://mylsn.info/riodcb/

It doesn't look good for the t14 overall, but here are some interesting "orange" outputs:
38% admission at Michigan, 47% at Cornell; 50% scholarship chances at both.
It also looks like 15-19 would be receptive to your application. Based only on this, I recommend applying broadly from Michigan down to WUSTL/USC and also applying to any other T50ish schools in the city/state/region where you intend to practice. The more applications you send, the better your chances of getting an option that makes sense for you. As for the mid-January qualifier, Northwestern will likely want to interview you in person because you're applying too late to interview online or with a local rep. Consider that when applying.

Also, most people on TLS will tell you (with good reason) to retake the LSAT. I'll beat them to it: retake the LSAT. A 5-point jump would work wonders:
https://mylsn.info/5clezf
With a 164-165, your chances at CCN are at least 50/50, and several t20 schools are likely to give you scholarships. If you can afford to take a year and apply next cycle, invest a few months in improving your score, and maybe make your softs less "meh," your application will be much stronger.

dirtynef

New

Post by dirtynef » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:50 pm

Friend with same stats (well, slightly lower, 3.3 gpa) AA male ED's CLS and got in. Granted this was the '17 cycle, but these things are not out of play. That being said, maybe retake.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:55 am

I had these stats and got a 50% scholly to Cornell 8 years ago. Wow, can’t believe it’s been that long.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”