SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SEOLawRecruiter

New

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Post by SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:27 am

brinicolec wrote:
AJ1010 wrote:what is the process to switch location preferences?
+1

I've switched it on the application itself, but would it be a good idea to also shoot an email explaining the location preference?
Just change it in your file, no need to do anything else.

SEOLawRecruiter

New

Post by SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:29 am

mm2368 wrote:Decision Day is April 28th for those asking. If you can confirm this, SEO Recruiter, please let us know!
We don't have a decision day. It's case-by-case. Most people hear in late April as that is when the bulk of applicants decide where they're going to law school, but we start discussing and making decisions on applicants as soon as we have enough applicants to discuss.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 am

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
mm2368 wrote:Decision Day is April 28th for those asking. If you can confirm this, SEO Recruiter, please let us know!
We don't have a decision day. It's case-by-case. Most people hear in late April as that is when the bulk of applicants decide where they're going to law school, but we start discussing and making decisions on applicants as soon as we have enough applicants to discuss.
Thank you for correcting me on this and for giving us some insight as to the process for you guys. We appreciate it!

canigraduatealready?

New

Post by canigraduatealready? » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:46 pm

If we haven't been contacted for an interview (and submitted Feb. 4th), does that mean it is unlikely we will be considered?

SEOLawRecruiter

New

Post by SEOLawRecruiter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:58 am

canigraduatealready? wrote:If we haven't been contacted for an interview (and submitted Feb. 4th), does that mean it is unlikely we will be considered?
No. Process is very individualized and other people's timing means nothing. I would recommend you log into your file and make sure everything is complete. You need to fill out the form that asks where you've applied to law school-- keep that updated. You need an LSAT score. You need your one page resume, personal statement, and undergraduate transcript. Incomplete files are not considered so make sure yours is completed.

Everyone does get notified, either way, so until you hear otherwise, you're under consideration.

canigraduatealready?

New

Post by canigraduatealready? » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Thank you! Will be anxiously checking my application now haha!
SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
canigraduatealready? wrote:If we haven't been contacted for an interview (and submitted Feb. 4th), does that mean it is unlikely we will be considered?
No. Process is very individualized and other people's timing means nothing. I would recommend you log into your file and make sure everything is complete. You need to fill out the form that asks where you've applied to law school-- keep that updated. You need an LSAT score. You need your one page resume, personal statement, and undergraduate transcript. Incomplete files are not considered so make sure yours is completed.

Everyone does get notified, either way, so until you hear otherwise, you're under consideration.

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi! I submitted my application in October and followed up a few months later. I was told that everything had been received and that my application was under review. I then let SEO know around February that I had been accepted to the school I would most likely be attending (Northwestern) and that I was more excited than ever to hear back from them. I was told that they forgot to transfer some of the applications into their new system and that I should refill out my app. It's been two weeks now, and I still haven't heard back anything.

Is this a typical time frame? Thanks so much!

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:48 pm

by what date do you anticipate all decisions will be made?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:14 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:by what date do you anticipate all decisions will be made?
When I did my first interview, she basically said firms want to know by the beginning of May, so I'd imagine they have all decisions made by the beginning of May.

SEOLawRecruiter

New

Post by SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 am

We anticipate all decisions to be made by early next week.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
We anticipate all decisions to be made by early next week.

thank you!

heylookitsthatguy

New

Post by heylookitsthatguy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 am

Late to the party, but does anybody know if SEO calculates GPA the way LSAC calculates GPA, or is it depending on your regular undergraduate GPA?

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:02 am

Thank you for answering questions! I just have one, is there any info on when the scholarship winner will be notified?

call-me-bubbles

Bronze

Post by call-me-bubbles » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 am

How are firm placements decided? Are candidates ranked according to their GPA/LSAT and placed by SEO that way (ex. higher numbers --> more "elite" partner firm), or do the firms themselves choose which candidate(s) they'd like, or some combination of the two? Do candidates' preferences play a role, or not really, since most of the firms have many of the same practice areas?

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Hello, are decisions done for the summer or can I still hope that I will get a call? When will rejection emails be sent out?

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Wed May 03, 2017 5:13 pm

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Hello, are decisions done for the summer or can I still hope that I will get a call? When will rejection emails be sent out?

+1

Yellow13

New

Post by Yellow13 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi. When will those who have not heard anything as of yet hear back from SEO?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”