AA URM, 3.3 GPA 173 LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cubswin16

New

AA URM, 3.3 GPA 173 LSAT

Post by cubswin16 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:23 am

Last edited by cubswin16 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Re: AA URM, 3.3 GPA 173 LSAT

Post by alpha kenny body » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:10 pm

cubswin16 wrote:New to this. I'm currently a junior in college pursuing a management degree with multiple minors. I recently took the LSAT and scored a 173. I've been planning on applying to law school since my freshman year and know it's what I want to do. My first 3 semesters of undergrad I dealt with a lot of family strain and other challenges (my parents split my first semester, both of them lost their jobs in my first year, I lost a cousin in a car accident, my best friend to suicide, and another friend died suddenly). Despite all of these things I continued to take an exceptional courseload every semester (20sh, 18sh, 21sh, 19sh). This semester I've come to realize that I've been burning out as well as have not been handling these situations well. I've started going into counseling as well as completely changed the major I was originally going for and am on track to have mostly A's and one B. If I continue to do this for the next few semesters I could realistically graduate with a 3.5 GPA, but about a 3.4 at the time of application next year. I just wanted to get some advice on what schools I should be targeting when I start my application process.

I've visited multiple schools and have met with multiple admissions counselors (does this make me memorable at all) and I qualified for an LSAC fee waiver so I think application costs would be waived by most schools.
It sounds like you know what to do, so just get it done. Write about your experiences in an addendum, and you'll probably end up at HYS.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Re: AA URM, 3.3 GPA 173 LSAT

Post by Lacepiece23 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:28 am

Just take easy classes at this point and boost your goa. You've already taken care of the hard part.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”