AA Female KJD, reverse spitter, chances at Columbia? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
aerier

New

AA Female KJD, reverse spitter, chances at Columbia?

Post by aerier » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Haven't gotten the reformulated number, but my UGPA is a 3.75. I took the LSAT twice, got a 158 the first time and the 156 this September. I studied, but extreme test anxiety got to me. I'm trying to decide whether to try this admissions cycle. (I'd rather not go through studying and taking the test again.) What are my chances for Columbia? I'm hoping for somewhere in the T14 or a strong Southern regional, like Emory, but Columbia's at the top of the list.

poptart123

Silver

Re: AA Female KJD, reverse spitter, chances at Columbia?

Post by poptart123 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:36 pm

You might have a shot at Cornell, but even UT and Vandy are probably reaches. I'm not sure about Emory. Unfortunately, it looks like you might need to retake to have a shot at your target schools.

dnptan

Bronze

Re: AA Female KJD, reverse spitter, chances at Columbia?

Post by dnptan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Columbia is likely going to be strict with LSATs, seeing as they now share a 172 median with HLS. Retake?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”