Northwestern Inquiry Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jabb

New

Northwestern Inquiry

Post by Jabb » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:25 am

Hey Guys,

So I read on Northwestern admissions that it is highly encouraged to have 2 yrs work experience. Is it worth applying to this school in my cycle? I do not intend to get work experience right after law instead I plan to attend law school right after undergraduate.

Thanks!

NUDad

New

Re: Northwestern Inquiry

Post by NUDad » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:04 am

It depends on your stats and the strength of your overall application. There are plenty of KJDs in NU's class every year.

NUDad

New

Post by NUDad » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:04 am

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:04 pm

I think the consensus is that most top law schools recommend a few years of work experience. That won't be the deciding factor in your rejection.

I looked at the class profiles for Duke, Michigan, UVA, Northwestern, Berkley, and Penn. The average age was 24-25.

btruj777

Bronze

Post by btruj777 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:12 am

Jabb wrote:Hey Guys,

So I read on Northwestern admissions that it is highly encouraged to have 2 yrs work experience. Is it worth applying to this school in my cycle? I do not intend to get work experience right after law instead I plan to attend law school right after undergraduate.

Thanks!

Hello,

while NU most certainly mentions their interest in WE, I think it serves more as a +++ on a app., as opposed to a lack of WE serving as a negative. I personally know of a good friend of mine who began in Fall 2016, with a decent LSAT, Great GPA, and Hispanic URM who got in with 40k a year, close to zero WE

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”