First LSAT dec - too late? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jlet0314

New

First LSAT dec - too late?

Post by jlet0314 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Edit
Last edited by jlet0314 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

KMart

Gold

Re: First LSAT dec - too late?

Post by KMart » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:32 pm

You'll be okay, it is better to take the LSAT when you are ready and save the retakes rather than take an unprepared test and apply early. You'd likely retake from disappointment and tell them to hold off on a decision until your Dec score came back anyway. You'll be alright - good luck.

AnonymousApplicant

New

Post by AnonymousApplicant » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:19 pm

jlet0314 wrote:Long time lurker, first time posting. If anything is offwith my post, feel free to chime in and let me know.

Wasn't ready for the oct LSAT days, so had to push back my first test date to Dec. For those who either went through the cycle already or know from prior cycle trends, how would this impact admission prospects for urm candidates applying right after dec scores are released?

Here's my stats (not sure they are relevant to the question at hand):

3.74 gpa
Above average softs
LSAT: pt average 164-65
URM: Biracial (AA)
I'm kind of in a similar boat. I haven't decided yet, but because my pt average isn't where I want it to be yet (I'm at 166-168, with occasional flights into 169-171 territory), I'm thinking about putting the Oct test off for Dec. Anyway, whether putting the test off is a good idea or not depends on the schools to which you're applying. You'll always be at a disadvantage at top schools that do rolling admissions when you apply later than Sept-Nov, sometimes even a considerable one. But if I'm wrong, I welcome others to correct me.

ThePiedPiper

Bronze

Post by ThePiedPiper » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:41 am

jlet0314 wrote:Long time lurker, first time posting. If anything is offwith my post, feel free to chime in and let me know.

Wasn't ready for the oct LSAT days, so had to push back my first test date to Dec. For those who either went through the cycle already or know from prior cycle trends, how would this impact admission prospects for urm candidates applying right after dec scores are released?

Here's my stats (not sure they are relevant to the question at hand):

3.74 gpa
Above average softs
LSAT: pt average 164-65
URM: Biracial (AA)
No especially if it means a higher score. I have been through this process before and every little point helps in the process. If a higher score means waiting until December you will be fine. You have a great GPA as well so I I would wait and let the flood gates open if you feel you'll do better in Dec.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:06 am

My Dec LSAT was my first and only one. I had applied to schools before I took it though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”