... Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Blueblades

New

Post by Blueblades » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:08 pm

have to take on.
Last edited by Blueblades on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fiero85

Gold

Re: AA Male Looking for full rides

Post by Fiero85 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:17 pm

First things first: crush the LSAT.

But, as incentive: You'll get some HYS admits and T14 full schollies if you hit 170 or close to it. And schools don't care about retakes. CCN fully awards are hard to know, but certainly possible. Apply and find out after getting a high LSAT on the books.

The JD/MBA stuff (whether you should do it, where you should do it) is another entire thread worth of issues, so I'll skip that until you have some good LS prospects.

Keep studying and raising that PT avg. A last-month-of-prep PT avg of 180 never hurt anyone :D

Good luck!

Legacy Rabbit

Bronze

Post by Legacy Rabbit » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Fiero85 wrote:First things first: crush the LSAT.

But, as incentive: You'll get some HYS admits and T14 full schollies if you hit 170 or close to it. And schools don't care about retakes. CCN fully awards are hard to know, but certainly possible. Apply and find out after getting a high LSAT on the books.

The JD/MBA stuff (whether you should do it, where you should do it) is another entire thread worth of issues, so I'll skip that until you have some good LS prospects.

Keep studying and raising that PT avg. A last-month-of-prep PT avg of 180 never hurt anyone :D

Good luck!
I read this entire post with Marshall's voice in my head.

Congrats OP on entering the 170 tier and working hard for that GPA.

mynameismyname

Bronze

Post by mynameismyname » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:35 pm

1. Get 170+
2. ????????
3. Profit

You have an opportunity to turn into a human blank check. Keep studying and perform on test day.

Flokkness

Bronze

Post by Flokkness » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:05 pm

With a 170+ and a 3.85 GPA anything is possible and, as far as YHSCCN and/or fat schollies - more like probable, assuming the rest of your application material is on point.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”