PR Male 3.71/170 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cdotson2

Silver

PR Male 3.71/170

Post by cdotson2 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:32 pm

I made a thread in What are my chances, but thought I would ask in here specifically for chances at T3? I am a K-jd and I know the t3 is notoriously difficult for k-jds.

GPA: 3.71 (with a high upward trend if it matters)
lsat: 170
URM: Puerto Rico

softs nothing extradinary: Chief justice of student government (I oversee the student conduct board= which can expel students at my school), VP of Mock Trial, Leadership in Model UN and went to nationals, was a Junior Marshall for graduation, helped found a sports club freshman year and was president of it my sophomore year, I've also been a T/A for three semesters, and I also volunteered during summers at a special needs therapeutic horse riding ranch.

solid LOR: Know the professors very well 5 classes a piece and both really like me and know me through advising my organizations as well as in class, and maybe one from the associate dean of students who helps me with the student conduct board.

I would really like to go to Harvard.

UpandDown97

Bronze

Re: PR Male 3.71/170

Post by UpandDown97 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm

cdotson2 wrote:I made a thread in What are my chances, but thought I would ask in here specifically for chances at T3? I am a K-jd and I know the t3 is notoriously difficult for k-jds.

GPA: 3.71 (with a high upward trend if it matters)
lsat: 170
URM: Puerto Rico

softs nothing extradinary: Chief justice of student government (I oversee the student conduct board= which can expel students at my school), VP of Mock Trial, Leadership in Model UN and went to nationals, was a Junior Marshall for graduation, helped found a sports club freshman year and was president of it my sophomore year, I've also been a T/A for three semesters, and I also volunteered during summers at a special needs therapeutic horse riding ranch.

solid LOR: Know the professors very well 5 classes a piece and both really like me and know me through advising my organizations as well as in class, and maybe one from the associate dean of students who helps me with the student conduct board.

I would really like to go to Harvard.
Say "hi" to Cambridge. Maybe New Haven or Palo Alto if you'd like.

PrezRand

Gold

Re: PR Male 3.71/170

Post by PrezRand » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:31 am

Why is T3 so difficult for K-JD? Do they really value job experience that much?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”