Please help :) NEED ADVICE Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Please help :) NEED ADVICE

Post by tortsandtiaras » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Skool

Silver

Re: Please help :) NEED ADVICE

Post by Skool » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about those schools to know whether or not you have a shot at them. You can play around with mylsn.info to see. I ran a search for 3.5-3.7/150-155 for non AA URMs. It looked like a toss up at GW in the last three years: 1 accept 1 waitlist 2 rejections, but that's not a giant sample.

No matter what, if you're a toss up for admission, you probably won't get great financial aid.

Worth considering whether or not the economic costs of schools like these are worth the amount you're likely have to pay, especially considering the kinds of jobs students at these schools are likely to get.

After considering that, and the fact that you had a rough cycle last year, it's worth asking yourself, do you have a Plan B to law school?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Please help :) NEED ADVICE

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:07 pm

So, OP, I'm locking this because we don't allow duplicate threads in different forums, and it looks like you're getting more responses in the other forum.

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”