Question of NA ancestry. Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Monster1776

New

Question of NA ancestry.

Post by Monster1776 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm

-closed-
Last edited by Monster1776 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twenty

Gold

Re: Question of whether my Cherokee heritage is applicable.

Post by twenty » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 pm

If you're sincere, go ahead and skip to the part after [/tirade]. If you're full of shit, then don't. :P

[tirade] Based on how you're describing things, I get the distinct feeling you're conveniently remembering your NA ancestry now that law school applications are coming around. While I don't doubt that you are, in fact, 1/16th Cherokee, I can't help but feel like you're capitalizing on a historically-disadvantaged people's struggles in order to enhance your otherwise-white application. Come on. Don't do this. [/tirade]

I wish I could point you to an exact post, but I distinctly recall an NA applicant who'd gone through two cycles point to how notably different his cycles were from when he wasn't able to provide enrollment information compared to when he was. There may have been other issues with his application that he fixed on the second go-around, but my advice to you is to apply this cycle and then (if you don't like your options) reapply next cycle when you'll presumably have your enrollment stuff figured out.

baal hadad

Gold

Re: Question of whether my Cherokee heritage is applicable.

Post by baal hadad » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Do you have a direct ancestor on the Dawes rolls?

Congrats according to the Cherokee then you are cherokee

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”