Deleted Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sherealcool

New

Deleted

Post by sherealcool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:47 am

Deleted
Last edited by sherealcool on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twenty

Gold

Re: 169/4.0 AA woman

Post by twenty » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:41 am

You're good, and might even be good at Yale. Apply and see what happens. :)

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 am

Do HYS CCN MVP BDN

You are good at all of them, but you might be in for some serious scholarship dough at #4-12

Are you applying to MCCA and SEO?

sherealcool

New

Post by sherealcool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks for the responses, y'all.
PDaddy wrote:Do HYS CCN MVP BDN
Done.
PDaddy wrote: Are you applying to MCCA and SEO?
For 0L internships, you mean? I got the impression that those are invite only. And aren't they usually in DC and NYC? I'm from GA, so moving during the summer might be problematic/incredibly costly if I'd have to move to Boston right after.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:18 pm

SEO, at least, is worth it even if you do have to move around. But isn't the deadline already passed for that?

teampeeta

Bronze

Post by teampeeta » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Are you applying this year? I think you should be good for H and S. Y is more of a toss up, but I see no reason why you wouldn't be competitive there too. 169 is on the low side for HYS generally, but it is on the high side for AA applicants. That plus your 4.0 should make you very desirable.

Good luck!

sherealcool

New

Post by sherealcool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Yes, I am applying for this year. I'm waiting on Duke's response - they guaranteed a 10 -day turn around.

I heard that Y was a bit...cray cray so I'm not really holding my breath for that one.

Deadline for SEO law is Feb 20th. How is that possible, given that some people don't know which law school they're going to 'til April? Can people still apply for an internship if they've gotten LS offers, but haven't chosen a school?

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 pm

sherealcool wrote:Yes, I am applying for this year. I'm waiting on Duke's response - they guaranteed a 10 -day turn around.

I heard that Y was a bit...cray cray so I'm not really holding my breath for that one.

Deadline for SEO law is Feb 20th. How is that possible, given that some people don't know which law school they're going to 'til April? Can people still apply for an internship if they've gotten LS offers, but haven't chosen a school?
Yes you can still apply. SEO just won't extend an offer until you inform them of what school it is you'll be attending and that you've placed a seat deposit there.

They will interview you before then.

indo

Bronze

Post by indo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 pm

sherealcool wrote:AA woman here. I got a 169 on the '13 LSAT (only 1 pnt from 170 goddamn it) and I have a 4.0/4.0 GPA. What are my chances at HYS? I got a fee waiver application from Stanford in the mail along with pamphlets, introductory letter, etc...but that doesn't mean anything, right?

I haven't taken a gap year, which worries me because I'm already on the low-low-low end of hys's LSAT ranges. I have okay softs - several internships, undergrad research, have work-study jobs and volunteer stuff - but I'm afraid that's not enough.

*edit - just read about need vs merit aid at HYS.
Congratulation for good LSAT score and excellent GPA.
How many hours per week that you spend for studying in college and for LSAT. ?
would you share how do you get that great GPA and LSAT ?

You will get in to Stanford , Harvard and great candidate for Yale.

sherealcool

New

Post by sherealcool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks again for the info, everyone. This site is so helpful.

How many hours per week that you spend for studying in college and for LSAT. ?
would you share how do you get that great GPA and LSAT ?
I study maybe 2-3 hours per class a day. It helps to be interested in what you're studying. My classes are related to spanish and political theory, both of which are things I love. So "studying" is less of a chore and more of a hobby.

I started studying hard core for the LSAT in August. When I was really in the throes of it, I spent 3-4 hrs/day drilling for the LSAT and maybe 2-3 hrs for classes. I used powerscore for LR and LSAT blog's free LG tutorials. I also got a friend to tutor me on RC, which was my weakest section.

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 pm

See you in Cambridge, my sister!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”