AA Male (GPA: 3.74, 3.83 + LSAT: 163) Chances/Advice Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AAMaleNeedsAdvice

New

AA Male (GPA: 3.74, 3.83 + LSAT: 163) Chances/Advice

Post by AAMaleNeedsAdvice » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker. I just have a question, question: Do I sit-out this cycle and retake the LSAT, or do I blanket the t-14 with applications this cycle?

Before I begin, here are my stats:

AA Male
LSAC GPA: 3.74, Degree GPA: 3.83
LSAT Score: October: 151, December: 163
Great Softs: White House Internship + Letter of Recommendation, Honors Program and Latin Honors on Graduation, outstanding letters of recommendations from college and university chairs, nominations to nationally competitive scholarships.

In October, I suffered a testing irregularity at my facility, and filed a compliant with the LSAC. I went through the complaint process; however my email account was compromised, and I was not able to respond to the LSAC's email response. As a result, they released my score; I had planned on canceling it. I retook the LSAT in December, and I am not happy with my score... I know I can do better.

My question is, do I sit out this cycle and retake the LSAT one more time, and apply next fall, or can I apply right now? I would prefer to apply this cycle, and I had high hopes of applying to Harvard and Stanford, but with my situation, I am not quite sure of what I should do.

If you were in my situation, what would you do? Additionally, what schools do you suggest that I apply to this cycle?
Last edited by AAMaleNeedsAdvice on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Platinum

Re: AA Male (GPA: 3.74 + LSAT: 163) Chances/Advice

Post by Nova » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 pm

AAMaleNeedsAdvice wrote: I am not happy with my score... I know I can do better.

If you were in my situation, what would you do? Additionally, what schools do you suggest that I apply to this cycle?
If I were you I would

apply now
retake in june
decide whether to sit out after getting the june score back

Definitely apply to H,S and any other school you are interested in, really. Nothing really is off the table with your current stats.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”