Yale Law App Question Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
amazinga16

New

Yale Law App Question

Post by amazinga16 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello, I'm preparing to submit my Yale app, but in the demographics section, it doesn't allow me to indicate my URM status, is this normal?

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Re: Yale Law App Question

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

amazinga16 wrote:Hello, I'm preparing to submit my Yale app, but in the demographics section, it doesn't allow me to indicate my URM status, is this normal?
I wouldn't worry about it - Yale does not have that question. Since schools are only allowed to look at race in regards to diversity of their student population, Yale expects your URM status to shine through in your diversity statement.

GW1010

Bronze

Re: Yale Law App Question

Post by GW1010 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm

I noticed the same thing in applying. They should also be able to see race in your LSAC report I believe

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”