Northwestern Law Black Male Recruitment Initiative Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
wbrother

Bronze

Northwestern Law Black Male Recruitment Initiative

Post by wbrother » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Has anyone here been invited to/attended this? What should I make of an invitation? I really hadn't considered Northwestern an option, even with the potential URM bump.

cinnamonchurros

New

Re: Northwestern Law Black Male Recruitment Initiative

Post by cinnamonchurros » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I got the same email. I wasn't going to apply to Northwestern because I have no postgraduate work experience. I'm still thinking it over.

Manhattanman

Bronze

Post by Manhattanman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:32 pm

AA male with graduate school and three year work experience here. What does the e mail say?

wbrother

Bronze

Post by wbrother » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Manhattanman wrote:AA male with graduate school and three year work experience here. What does the e mail say?
Might be outing myself, but an excerpt from mine read "We would like to invite you to participate in the Initiative by visiting Northwestern Law on Monday, January 14, 2013. Should you choose to visit us, you will travel to Chicago on the preceding Sunday, stay with a current law student, and visit Northwestern Law the following Monday. During your visit, you will meet and interview with various school administrators, attend classes, and meet with members of our Black Law Students Association and the Northwestern Law community. Northwestern Law will subsidize your flight to offset travel expenses."

I definitely accepted, but even with the subsidy it might be too expensive. I was really surprised to receive this email. Maybe it only went out to people who hadn't already applied this cycle?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 pm

cinnamonchurros wrote:I got the same email. I wasn't going to apply to Northwestern because I have no postgraduate work experience. I'm still thinking it over.
What is there to think about? Just apply!

MarkKnows87

New

Post by MarkKnows87 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:00 am

You should consider it and apply. I am an AA Male and I applied and interviewed with an alum. It's worth a shot and good luck.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”