Fee Waivers Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
josemnz83

New

Fee Waivers

Post by josemnz83 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Have any of you received fee waivers from Virginia or Penn? I have received tons of fee waivers since taking the LSAT but am afraid that they just want me to apply and get rejected, helping their selectivity rate.

Thanks and best of luck on your admissions!

Trips_93

New

Re: Fee Waivers

Post by Trips_93 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 pm

I got a fee waiver from Penn about a month ago. I just saw in my junk file that UVA gave me a waiver also (I would have been pissed if I missed that).

I'm a 3.6/157 NA, if that helps at all. Im hoping I'm not an auto-ding either...

I figure though, if you get a waiver, what do you have to lose right? Apply and give them a chance to read your PS and DS, maybe you'll persuade them.

jcan91

Bronze

Re: Fee Waivers

Post by jcan91 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Got one from Penn myself, and I know it might not mean much to them, but to me that's about $80 I won't have to spend. Even if all I'm doing is boosting their selectivity, at least I won't have to pay anythin to find that out. I only need one hail Mary yes anyway.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”