169/3.65 - PR - Best Longshot Chance at HYS? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bob loblaw11

Bronze

169/3.65 - PR - Best Longshot Chance at HYS?

Post by bob loblaw11 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am

I have a 169 (retake from 166)/3.65, and I'm a PR female applying after two years of full-time experience at a V15 firm. I interned for two years in undergrad in an area related to IP law. Aside from that my softs are pretty standard.

The fees are so hefty for HYS, and I'm a long shot, so I'm likely to only apply to one or two. Where do I stand the best chance?

PickledPanda

Bronze

Re: 169/3.65 - PR - Best Longshot Chance at HYS?

Post by PickledPanda » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am

bob loblaw11 wrote:I have a 169 (retake from 166)/3.65, and I'm a PR female applying after two years of full-time experience at a V15 firm. I interned for two years in undergrad in an area related to IP law. Aside from that my softs are pretty standard.

The fees are so hefty for HYS, and I'm a long shot, so I'm likely to only apply to one or two. Where do I stand the best chance?
A person with a 180/4.0 still stands the best shot at H>S>Y. I would pick the two you want the most, if you cannot apply to all three. You have a legit chance at all of them, with the highest at H, then S, then Y.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”