3.6/152 black female URM T14 hope? T50 chances? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
downwithflames43

New

3.6/152 black female URM T14 hope? T50 chances?

Post by downwithflames43 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 am

Hey, new to TLS and wanting to get an idea of what my safety-fit-reach schools should be. I hear so much about URM's getting anywhere from a 3-10 LSAT point increase so it's really hard to figure out where I stand...

I immigrated from Nigeria when I was young and I'm still a Nigerian citizen. I graduated from a top large public university with a 3.6 GPA (history major) and got a 152 the first time I took the LSAT. I retook it today but don't feel that great so am considering what my options are with my current score.

I have good (great?) softs pertaining to school (founded an on campus IA journal, several leadership positions, 2 of which I was the first black female elected in the school's history, 2 major research projects and 1 publication) and outside of school (complicated immigration ordeal that lead me to have to work ~30 hours a week my last 2 years of school to support myself). I have 1 great and 2 good recs and I feel confident in my ability to write a great personal statement. I plan on having all my apps in by mid November.

I want to work in government or public interest in the Northeast so,

1. Given my numbers and softs, which one of the following T14, if any, would I have the best shot at? What if I ED?
NYU
UVA
Duke
Georgetown
Cornell

2. Which one of the following T15-50 would I have the best shot at? What if I ED?
George Washington
Boston University
Boston College
Fordham
William and Mary
Gorge Mason
Maryland
American
Cardozo

3. What, if anything, can I do at this point to boost my chances of T50 success? Given my URM status, background and interests, are there any schools that I should consider looking at that I didn't list?

Gold

Re: 3.6/152 black female URM T14 hope? T50 chances?

Post by 20121109 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”