3.46 164 MA Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Rickjames11

New

3.46 164 MA

Post by Rickjames11 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 am

I am also going to post on the urm forum. Just wanted as much feed back as possible.

Gpa situation is frustrating because I have had a health problem (gallstones) for a good amount of time that has hindered my ability to study.

Doubt that will have much of an impact.

I went to USCB.

History major.

I'd love to stay in southern California for school.

Really want to do entertainment law.

I am going to be taking the october lsat.

I'd love to go to UCLA, I feel like its a reach.

twenty

Gold

Re: 3.46 164 MA

Post by twenty » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 pm

UCLA is not out of the question. However, you're probably going to need to retake for a 168+ (median), because your GPA is way below the 25th percentile.

That said, you may find yourself with better options if you come out with a 168. UCLA is great, but there are schools that are more URM/splitter friendly in the T14 that will likely offer you more money/better job prospects post-graduation. Retake in October, apply everywhere at soon as possible with the October LSAT score and see what you come out with.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 pm

So you haven't taken the LSAT and have already graduated correct?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

OP, I'll just reiterate what others have said. You'll want to aim for a higher LSAT than 164, if you can. This will put you in a better position to overcome your GPA and will give you more options for scholarships.

Check out http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com and http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com if you haven't already. The information there will help you to see what you have to work with.

dixon02

Bronze

Post by dixon02 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 pm

UCLA does not look to be out of play, but a higher LSAT would go a long way. USC looks like close to 50/50 on LSN. A couple extra points on your score will go a long way.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”