BLSA Members Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cutecarmel

Silver

BLSA Members

Post by cutecarmel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:49 pm

I put this in the Ask a Law Student/Graduate section, but I'll try here too.

Are there any Black Law Student Association members out there (from any school)?

Would you say it is a good community to be a part of? Are they active at your law school in service, networking events, etc.? If you could also mention what school you go to that would be great.

Thanks!

plaiseadieu

New

Re: BLSA Members

Post by plaiseadieu » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 am

hey cutecarmel,

a family friend of mine goes to U of Virginia and she has nothing but amazing things to say about BLSA...she is actually on the National Executive Board. she said that at a school in a small town like charlottesville, blsa is very tightknit and like her support system. whereas, in bigger urban areas, blsa may not be as closeknit because the surrounding city offers many alternatives to bonding with members of your class. uva is unique, in that years past, most of the nblsa executive board was made up of uva'ers....but anywho...she said the networking opportunities are unparalleled via the blsa conferences...my two cents!

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks so much!

The school I think I want to go to is pretty small, so I hope its pretty tightnit too.
plaiseadieu wrote:hey cutecarmel,

a family friend of mine goes to U of Virginia and she has nothing but amazing things to say about BLSA...she is actually on the National Executive Board. she said that at a school in a small town like charlottesville, blsa is very tightknit and like her support system. whereas, in bigger urban areas, blsa may not be as closeknit because the surrounding city offers many alternatives to bonding with members of your class. uva is unique, in that years past, most of the nblsa executive board was made up of uva'ers....but anywho...she said the networking opportunities are unparalleled via the blsa conferences...my two cents!

kmh504

Bronze

Post by kmh504 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Bump. I wish more BLSA members were active on here - would love to hear more experiences :)

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Bump. Anyone out there?

thatgirlthere

New

Post by thatgirlthere » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:20 pm

I go to a small T14, and I would say it’s a good organization to be a part of. How much you do w/in the org is up to you, and it really depends on how much the leadership does for the org of course. We are active, and the school knows of some of the things we do. You can pm me w/ questions, maybe I can be more helpful.

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 pm

thatgirlthere wrote:I go to a small T14, and I would say it’s a good organization to be a part of. How much you do w/in the org is up to you, and it really depends on how much the leadership does for the org of course. We are active, and the school knows of some of the things we do. You can pm me w/ questions, maybe I can be more helpful.
Thank you!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”