Has anyone written an addendum for an LSAT score drop? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
livinglaughingloving

New

Has anyone written an addendum for an LSAT score drop?

Post by livinglaughingloving » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Hello all,

I just received my score and had a shocking 6 point drop from a 162 to a 155. I'm numb and disappointed. I sent in about 12 apps already and I was averaging around a 166 before this test... not sure what happened. I felt a lot of anxiety and I did have a noisy test site (band practicing outside for about 12 minutes) but I didn't report it :/ If anyone has any words of wisdom, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone been in a similar predicament? Trying to stop crying :( In case you're wondering or it's relevant, I'm a AA/Latina with a 3.6 GPA. Idk what my chances are now, and if this is going to affect me adversely? Thanks in advance.

Philosopher King

Bronze

Re: Has anyone written an addendum for an LSAT score drop?

Post by Philosopher King » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:12 pm

livinglaughingloving wrote:Hello all,

I just received my score and had a shocking 6 point drop from a 162 to a 155. I'm numb and disappointed. I sent in about 12 apps already and I was averaging around a 166 before this test... not sure what happened. I felt a lot of anxiety and I did have a noisy test site (band practicing outside for about 12 minutes) but I didn't report it :/ If anyone has any words of wisdom, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone been in a similar predicament? Trying to stop crying :( In case you're wondering or it's relevant, I'm a AA/Latina with a 3.6 GPA. Idk what my chances are now, and if this is going to affect me adversely? Thanks in advance.
Well first of all: 162-155 = 7 not 6. I have the same LSAT score as you and I am horribly disappointing to considering I was also scoring in the mid-160s on timed practice exams at the end there. I'm not wise so I don't have words of wisdom but you, like me, have to decide whether you want to retake the LSAT and apply for the next cycle. The fact that you are an URM will help a lot if you proceed with your current plans. The truth is that for admission to any of the top 100 law schools, a 155 LSAT isn't ideal and, even though, you will be admitted to some schools, you may not get a lot of scholarship money. Although it doesn't matter from a practical standpoint, the LSAT is just a silly test that is way overemphasized. Don't think anything less of yourself for your not-so-good score.

Jante05

New

Re: Has anyone written an addendum for an LSAT score drop?

Post by Jante05 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I would write an addenda if your first LSAT was higher and second LSAT dropped significantly assuming something went amiss. But if it were just practice test i don't think it matters. I would highly consider a retake. :/

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”