AA Male Need Advice Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Kreemo_Kid

New

AA Male Need Advice

Post by Kreemo_Kid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 am

Hello all, I am an AA male entering my sophomore year of UG set on attending HLS. My current cumulative GPA is sitting just above 3.7 and I plan on having it rise a bit before I begin applying to law schools. If there is any correlation between SAT scores and the LSAT I plan on scoring 165+ on the LSAT. What softs do I need that really catch the attention of HLS and what are my chances to get in based on my hypothetical LSAT score and a GPA that stays above 3.7? Also I was wondering if anyone had any information about the trends of URM admissions especially in regards to AA males. Thanks!

glewz

Silver

Re: AA Male Need Advice

Post by glewz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:52 am

Kreemo_Kid wrote:Hello all, I am an AA male entering my sophomore year of UG set on attending HLS. My current cumulative GPA is sitting just above 3.7 and I plan on having it rise a bit before I begin applying to law schools. If there is any correlation between SAT scores and the LSAT I plan on scoring 165+ on the LSAT. What softs do I need that really catch the attention of HLS and what are my chances to get in based on my hypothetical LSAT score and a GPA that stays above 3.7? Also I was wondering if anyone had any information about the trends of URM admissions especially in regards to AA males. Thanks!
Keep up your grades and make sure you have a 165+ LSAT. With high scores in both areas, you'd be a strong applicant for HLS. HLS is very numbers oriented.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:55 am

You should have just posted this in your other thread.

thatlawguy

New

Post by thatlawguy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Keep your gpa as high as possible and do as best as you can on the lsat. Even if you don't score a 165+ on the lsat don't be discouraged and apply to law school anyway. Contrary to what many people say on this forum your gpa & lsat are not the only factors in the admission process, especially for many of the top law schools. There's something to be said for a great overall application even if your gpa or lsat score is not at a school's median. This is evident in the entire gpa and lsat range (many schools do not readily publish this data) many scores of which are significantly lower than the median. If you can get involved in some extracurricular activities or have work experience that will help as well. Check out the Council for Legal Education Opportunity because they have some good programs you may be interested in. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”