Chances getting in? :( Advice?? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Susan_Walid

Bronze

Chances getting in? :( Advice??

Post by Susan_Walid » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 am

Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Alltheirsplendor

Bronze

Re: Chances getting in? :( Advice??

Post by Alltheirsplendor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Hopefully this isn't a flame...

Anyways, I would retake. A 3.5 isn't spectacular, but it isn't bad either. Don't let it go to waste. Getting a 160 will open a different world.

Moxie

Silver

Re: Chances getting in? :( Advice??

Post by Moxie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
You don't HAVE TO, but you'd be dumb not to. The small investment in time and money will be worth a huge amount down the line in potential earnings.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”