I need some advice from anyone who's taken Law Preview!! Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
albiceleste09

New

I need some advice from anyone who's taken Law Preview!!

Post by albiceleste09 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Ok so here's the situation: I received a scholarship to attend the Law Preview program from a law firm that sponsors students who intend to enroll at a specific law school, call it X law school. I thought I was going to attend X law school this fall so i applied for the scholy. I had to show them my acceptance letter from X law school when I applied. However, I ended up getting off of the wait list at another law school, call it Y law school, and I have decided to attend Y instead of X.

I guess my question for previous Law Preview scholly recipients or participants is this: will I be able to accept the scholy money for Law Preview even though I will not be attending X law school anymore? The instructions say students qualify to apply for the scholly if they 'intend' to enroll, which I did at the time I applied, but doesn't specify whether it matters that I actually end up attending that particular school or not.

Is there a way that the sponsoring law firm will be able to find out that I'm not planning to attend X law school anymore? Do they even care? Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”