Sidley Pre-Law Scholars Program Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Bronze

Sidley Pre-Law Scholars Program

Post by 1212 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but Sidley Austin has this scholarship program for minority juniors and seniors. It is awesome and definitely worth looking into if you are going to be applying in the 2012 cycle.

--LinkRemoved--

Cheers!

chiach1

New

Re: Sidley Pre-Law Scholars Program

Post by chiach1 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

It definitely is a great program. Thanks 1212 for posting it.

Ssushi

New

Post by Ssushi » Wed May 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Are you eligible for this if you will have already taken the LSAT and applied to law schools by the time you apply?

youngbrutha

New

Post by youngbrutha » Wed May 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Its already ended! lol Just a get a fee waiver and reach out to a well respected lawyer in your community. Also read the powerscore bibles. Not as fancy as the scholorship but better than nothing.

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Ssushi wrote:Are you eligible for this if you will have already taken the LSAT and applied to law schools by the time you apply?
I believe they are hoping to attract students that are not quite as far along in their application process. It is meant primarily to defray the astronomical costs of applying. However, the application is not arduous and may be worth the few minutes it takes to send it off. In fact, I was recently looking over the essay I sent them and wanted to kick myself because it was kind of crappy.

I realize the application has already closed, but the deadline is early in the spring semester so I figured I'd post and folks could mark their calendars. Sisley given me so much, so I thought the least I could do was shamelessly plug for their generous program.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”