Northwestern straight out of UG Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Northwestern straight out of UG

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Just wondering what the chances of this are? Currently a junior, but have an interest in Northwestern. I have a significant amount of work experience in law firms working close to 30 hours a week. Are chances extremely slim?

SupraVln180

Silver

Re: Northwestern straight out of UG

Post by SupraVln180 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:21 pm

LSAT?

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Working during undergrad =/= work experience

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 pm

LSAT will be taken in June. Currently testing in the high 150's/low 160's. I'm not specifically asking about my chances though, but rather what are the chances for people that don't have work experience. I know that Northwestern does accept students straight out of UG, but what do those students need to do to stand out?

Moxie

Silver

Post by Moxie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm

They need very very high LSAT/GPA, and usually their acceptance is conditioned on them taking a year off to get work experience.

Only 2% of their students have no WE, and they're moving to have ALL students have two years of WE before matriculation, so I suspect that number will be declining the near future.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”