0L SEO Corporate Law Internship Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jasonc.

Bronze

0L SEO Corporate Law Internship

Post by jasonc. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 am

Just letting ppl know about this opportunity

--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by jasonc. on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Platinum

Re: 0L Corporate Law Internship

Post by Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:41 am

jasonc. wrote:Just letting ppl know about this opportunity

--LinkRemoved--
Hey, i've just about finished my application, was wondering if anyone would want to trade essays or read over my essays. It's real short, about 330 words.

Anyone have any tips or input on the application process? Does it matter whether you apply Round 1 or Round 2? Should i wait for Round 2 where I will probably have more acceptances to list, or should I get my application in for Round 1?

Also, OP, you should change the title to SEO Corporate Law, it will probably see more activity.

D-ROCCA

Bronze

Post by D-ROCCA » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 am

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:54 am

D-ROCCA wrote:I have a quick question if you don't mind. On the first page of the application, it says that you should only apply to the SEO-U program if you are a freshman. Does that mean that the internship that was linked in this thread is only for freshman?
Look for the SEO "Corporate Law" page.

Wade LeBosh

Bronze

Post by Wade LeBosh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Has anyone done this? How hard is it to get in?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Wade LeBosh wrote:Has anyone done this? How hard is it to get in?
I think they accepted 50 people last year, and 45 were attending T14 schools, and something like 10-15 were from HLS with another 10-15 from CLS + NYU. Those numbers are from memory, but I think that's what I read in last year's SEO thread.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Knock wrote:
Wade LeBosh wrote:Has anyone done this? How hard is it to get in?
I think they accepted 50 people last year, and 45 were attending T14 schools, and something like 10-15 were from HLS with another 10-15 from CLS + NYU. Those numbers are from memory, but I think that's what I read in last year's SEO thread.
From last years thread:
NYU - 13
Harvard - 12
Columbia - 11
Stanford - 5
Chicago - 5
Yale - 3
Boalt - 3
Georgetown - 2
Cornell - 2
Virginia - 1
Northwestern - 1
Duke - 1
Penn - 1
UT Austin - 1

Source: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=1475

jasonc.

Bronze

Re: 0L SEO Corporate Law Internship

Post by jasonc. » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the schools. You are allowed to apply to the program if your a "recent grad" that has not applied to law school

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:29 am

Yea I got this. I'm summer start at Michigan though so can't do it.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 am

AreJay711 wrote:Yea I got this. I'm summer start at Michigan though so can't do it.
You already got in for this year?! when did you apply??

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 am

jasonc. wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the schools. You are allowed to apply to the program if your a "recent grad" that has not applied to law school
No. Those are the schools applicants entered in the fall. They will ask where you are attending in the fall, check again once you make a decision if you are not sure at the time they ask you, and ding you if the school is not on that list. I guess they might consider UCLA or Vandy in addition to UT, but you'd better be impressive as hell from any of those.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:01 am

How many interviews do they give out? What I'd be scared of is flying my ass out to New York, blowing $500 on the weekend, and then having to pay it off with my normal little summer job.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:41 pm

lisjjen wrote:How many interviews do they give out? What I'd be scared of is flying my ass out to New York, blowing $500 on the weekend, and then having to pay it off with my normal little summer job.
When you register/log in to the interview system you can choose locations other than NYC or you can even interview via Skype. I don't think doing so hinders your ability to get a position. I have a friend here who worked with Skadden (I believe) and during her interview via Skype her dog ran into the room and jumped on her back. . . . so yeah.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Just an FYI, last year the first interview invites went out on 12/30.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:32 am

interview invites are going out!!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:20 am

I think I'm going to apply to this. It sounds like a great opportunity. I need to dig out my SAT/ACT scores though. I can't even remember what they were! Let's all keep each other posted as we go through the application process on this!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:53 am

law_monkey wrote:I think I'm going to apply to this. It sounds like a great opportunity. I need to dig out my SAT/ACT scores though. I can't even remember what they were! Let's all keep each other posted as we go through the application process on this!
Warning: digging up your ACT scores if you took it before the new website in 2007 is a huge pain in the ass, and will cost you like $42 or something absolutely ridiculously and it has to be snail mailed I think.

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 am

I simply received the score from my Dean of Students Office...they have the right to ask for verification, but you can just put your score in...

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:11 am

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I think I'm going to apply to this. It sounds like a great opportunity. I need to dig out my SAT/ACT scores though. I can't even remember what they were! Let's all keep each other posted as we go through the application process on this!
Warning: digging up your ACT scores if you took it before the new website in 2007 is a huge pain in the ass, and will cost you like $42 or something absolutely ridiculously and it has to be snail mailed I think.
Got invited for in-person interview and I definitely did not dig up any test scores. Just entered in what I remembered, which was ACT cumulative only. Pretty sure the ACT/SAT scores are more for the banking programs that SEO has.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 am

ksimon2007 wrote:I simply received the score from my Dean of Students Office...they have the right to ask for verification, but you can just put your score in...
Good call. I think I will try to do this and not spend $40.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:17 am

tkgrrett wrote:
Knock wrote:
Got invited for in-person interview and I definitely did not dig up any test scores. Just entered in what I remembered, which was ACT cumulative only. Pretty sure the ACT/SAT scores are more for the banking programs that SEO has.
Thanks TK. I'm pretty sure I remember my cumulative score currently, but I want to double check.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
Knock wrote:
So you only put in your ACT cumulative? Or did you fix it once you checked with your school?

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:52 pm

FYI they don't care what you SAT score is. An educated guess will suffice. That box is only there because it's a form application and they use that page for a lot. F you think you know the score, just put that. Please don't spend any money to find out.

Also, people should use the other thread to try to keep all of the knowledge/information in one place.

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Meh, I won't be going to a t14, so why waste my time applying...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”