thx Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nanosoft

New

thx

Post by Nanosoft » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:03 pm

edited : thx, I'll take your advice.
Last edited by Nanosoft on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sophia.olive

Silver

Re: AAM, 3.06, 157.... 1 LoR - Options?

Post by sophia.olive » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Find a job, take a year off, ask boss from new job to write a letter, retake the lsat

Nanosoft

New

Post by Nanosoft » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:21 pm

sophia.olive wrote:Find a job, take a year off, ask boss from new job to write a letter, retake the lsat
That dire huh? :cry:

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Not the 1 lor by itself but the lsat, gpa, 1 lor, and not having a job for a year, all together make it seem pretty dire to me. :|

You wanna separate yourself from that gpa with something other than unemployment, even if it is flipping burgers. And this should give you more time to focus on the only thing you should be focusing on right now, retaking the lsat to save yourself from a life time of debt.
Last edited by sophia.olive on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanosoft

New

Post by Nanosoft » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

sophia.olive wrote:Not the 1 lor by itself but the lsat, gpa, 1 lor, and not having a job for a year, all together make it seem pretty dire to me. :|
Well thank you for your honest input, I won't give up just yet but if worst shall come to pass I'll most certainly be forced to take your advice... :wink:

Edit :
You wanna separate yourself from that gpa with something other than unemployment, even if it is flipping burgers. And this should give you more time to focus on the only thing you should be focusing on right now, retaking the lsat to save yourself from a life time of debt.

I do have some okay experience while in college, it's just been hell since graduation.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Nanosoft wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:Not the 1 lor by itself but the lsat, gpa, 1 lor, and not having a job for a year, all together make it seem pretty dire to me. :|
Well thank you for your honest input, I won't give up just yet but if worst shall come to pass I'll most certainly be forced to take your advice... :wink:

Edit :

I do have some okay experience while in college, it's just been hell since graduation.
It has been for everyone, but others will have done something for that year.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:32 pm

For me it would come down to the fact that if you scored 10-15 points higher on the lsat you could go to a decent school for free.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”