Predict me fellow URM gods Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
djfe4president

New

Predict me fellow URM gods

Post by djfe4president » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Last edited by djfe4president on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Re: Predict me fellow URM gods

Post by Aqualibrium » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:45 pm

There are way too many of these, so I'm just going to quote myself from an earlier post on the answer. There really isn't much reason to make all these additional threads; I know everyone thinks their softs differentiate them, but they don't. I suppose I understand you guys are all really jittery though.
If you have the means to do so, apply at all the schools you have an interest in 50 through t6. You'll very likely get into most lower t1's with some scholarship money. Some t25's will bite. One or two t14's may do the same.

URM apps, and apps for aa males especially, are pretty hard to predict.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:There are way too many of these, so I'm just going to quote myself from an earlier post on the answer. There really isn't much reason to make all these additional threads; I know everyone thinks their softs differentiate them, but they don't. I suppose I understand you guys are all really jittery though.
If you have the means to do so, apply at all the schools you have an interest in 50 through t6. You'll very likely get into most lower t1's with some scholarship money. Some t25's will bite. One or two t14's may do the same.

URM apps, and apps for aa males especially, are pretty hard to predict.
I'll mostly second this, but add that AA males can get the largest boosts of anyone, so while this doesn't guarantee you T6, it means it's worth the app fees if you can afford them.

El_Gallo

Bronze

Post by El_Gallo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:03 pm

URM God

--ImageRemoved--

OP--your title made me laugh, but in all seriousness congratulations on your very decent GPA and LSAT. I am sure you will crack most of the T14 and I would be surprised if you didn't get at least one in the T6. Good luck!

djfe4president

New

Post by djfe4president » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm

bump

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”