LOR Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bballfreak56

New

LOR

Post by bballfreak56 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:09 pm

How long does it take for a letter of recomendation to process after you put it in the mail for LSAC?

lennonist

Bronze

Re: LOR

Post by lennonist » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 pm

depends if it's priority or regular mail. The earliest I experienced was 3 business days if sent via priority mail.

plenipotentiary

Silver

Post by plenipotentiary » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 pm

I actually called LSAC this morning to ask the same question. They said 10 business days (so, two weeks) from the day they receive it is normal during a busy period. Regular mail takes 3-5 days. That means up to 3 weeks, basically.

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:13 pm

This is just my own experience with the LOR process. Take from it what you will.

From they date they were placed in a mailbox, to the date they showed up on my LSAC page, my LORs took 10, 6, and 4 days (total, not business days). However, those were all sent in August/September. I also had one that was sent in October, though I do not have the exact date. I had just requested it on 9/30 and it was received on 10/13. My best guess places this one at 10 days total (again, not business days).These were all regular mail, no priority or fax.

I have no idea how some of these were so fast (I live on the West Coast), but I have exact dates for when they were mailed (except the one) and exact dates for when they were available for my account (compulsive LSAC checker).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”