3.4//163 URM - Where to apply? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NV53A

New

3.4//163 URM - Where to apply?

Post by NV53A » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Greetings. I am an AA male with 3.4/163. I have some strong softs (according to my professors) and have at least 1 very good, detailed LOR. Graduated from T20 undergrad. What reach school can I maximize chances at and what schools should I definitely apply to?

Also, just out of curiosity, do law schools get some type of ranking boost by admitting URM students?

Thank you in advance.

aperson88

New

Re: 3.4//163 URM - Where to apply?

Post by aperson88 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 pm

I think you should definitely blanket the T14. School within the T6 may be somewhat of a reach, but I know quite a few AA males that got into Harvard, NYU and Chicago with lower numbers than you. I think you will definitely get into some of the lower schools in the t14 like Cornell, Georgetown, Northwestern, UVA. Just submit your apps early and make sure you write a bomb PS and I think you'll be good.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”